ICFAI University Tripura.
Experience: 11 years
- Teacher: JAGADISH MONDAL
In the field of education, TLM is a commonly used acronym that stands for "teaching/learning materials." Broadly, the term refers to a spectrum of educational materials that teachers use in the classroom to support specific learning objectives, as set out in lesson plans.
1. To prepare or select appropriate TLM for IEP, Group Lesson both curricular and co-curriculum.
2. To develop methods of including music, dance, drama as part of curricular and co-curricular activities.
1. Trainees will able to prepare plan appropriate teaching strategies, materials and assessments.
2. Trainees will able to describe the knowledge and abilities to be demonstrated what is expected of them
The trainee is expected to submit all TLM – selected for IEP – Group Teaching Curricular
activities for evaluation.
During the final examination all the teaching aids, and teaching learning material will be
displayed by each trainee, which will be evaluated by the external examination.
Evaluation: Total-40 marks
Internal-24 and External- 16
- Lewis, Beth (2018-05-10). "TLM or Teaching Learning Materials Definition". ThoughtCo. Archived from the original on 2018-04-14. Retrieved 2019-01-09.
- ^ "What is Instructional Materials". global dictionary. Retrieved 2019-01-09.
- ^ Lindsay, Vachel (April–September 1913). "Euclid". In Monroe, Harriet (ed.). Poetry: A Magazine of Verse. II. p. 123.
- ^ Kaspar, Wendy; Borgerding, Jodie (2017). "PRIMO: Peer-Reviewed Instructional Materials Online". College & Research Libraries. 78: 2–7. doi:10.5860/crl.78.1.2.
- ^ Student Achievement Partners (August 21, 2013). "Instructional Materials Evaluation Tool". Achieve the Core. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Teacher: Bina Das
Individualised Education Program often called the IEP, is a legal document of children with Special needs. It is created through a team of the child's parents and others related professionals who are knowledgeable about the child's needs.
During this semester the trainee shall conduct special educational assessment for student with ID including collection of background information , plan, implement IEP using appropriator TLM. The trainee is expected to develop under supervision IEP for one student having multiple disabilities implement and prepare report.
1. Conduct special educational assessment for students with Intellectual Disability including collection of background. Information, plan and implement I.E.P. using appropriate T.L.M.
2. Coordinate with other professionals for intervention as required and prepare a report.
On completion of these practical, the trainees shall conduct educational assessment students having multiple disability and implement the goals, practice to plan and evaluate effective instruction.
Unit1: Collect background information including family background, birth and developmental history, school history and any other significant information from parents.
Unit2: Relate other reports, if any, such as that of psychologist, therapist, and medical professionals for planning.
Unit3: Choose the suitable educational assessment tool and conduct current level of assessment.
Unit4: Select primary goals and specific objective for teaching.
Unit5: Plan and implement I.E.P. for a specific duration, evaluation and report.
Evaluation: Internal-30% & External-20%
1. Bluma, S.M. Shearer, M.S. Frohman, A.M. & Hilliard, J.M. (1976) Portage guide to early education (revised edition), Wisconsin : Portage project.
2. Department of Special Education (1994). Functional assessment checklist for Programming: (guidelines for using the checklist). Secunderabad: NIPM.
3. Jayachandran, P & Vimla, V (1983) Madras developmental programming system. Madras: Vijay human service.
4. Peshawaria, R & Venkatesan, S (1992). Behavioural assessment scales for Indian children with mental retardation. Secunderabad: NIPM.
5. Turnball, A.P. Srickland, B.B. & Brantlay, J.C. (1990). Developing and Implementing
individualized education programme. London: Merrill
Video on IEP link-
- Teacher: Bina Das