Elementary Education is the first stage traditionally found in formal education (Class I-VIII), beginning at about age 5 to 7 and ending at about age 11 to 13. Elementary education is often preceded by some form of preschool for children age 3 to 5 or 6 and education has also been made free for children for 6 to 14 years of age or up to class VIII under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009.
Teacher Education-I refers to Teacher Education Programme from ancient times to modern times.
- Teacher Education (TE) subject refers to the preparation of teacher in different Teacher Education Institutions
- In this course we will discuss: Meaning, Nature and Scope of TE
- Types of Teacher Education Programme
- Curriculum a document prepared by NCERT, NCTE, SCERT and their Vision in curriculum documents
- Teacher Education Approaches: Expository, Collaborative and Experiential Learning
- Understanding Knowledgebase of Teacher Education from the viewpoint of Schulman, Deng and Luke, and Habermas.
- Reflective Teaching and Strategies’ for promoting reflective thinking
- Models of Teacher Education-Behaviouristic, Competency-based and Inquiry Oriented teacher Education Models
- In-service Teacher Education: Concept, Need, Purpose and Scope, Agencies and Institutions of in-service Teacher education at District Level, State Level and National Levels.
- Role of SSA, RMSA, SCERT, NCERT, NCTE and UGC to develop In-service Teacher Education Programme.
- Profession and Professionalism, Teaching as a Profession, Professional Ethics of Teachers, Barriers in professional development, ICT Integration, Quality enhancement and Innovation in Teacher Education
- After completion of this subject, students will be able to-
- Differentiate the concept, types and scope of Teacher Education
- Vision and Mission of DIET, SCERT, NCERT, NCTE and UGC for Teacher Education Institutions (TEI).
- Develop the analytical concept about TEI and methods of orientation among Students Teacher
- Analyze the concept on In-service and Pre-service student teacher and role of different agencies in Teacher Education Programme
- Understand the relationship between profession and professionalism, ethics in profession, Different ways to develop professionalism.
- After completion of this subject, students will be able to respond on
- Concept, Types and Scope of Teacher Education
- Reflect on Vision and Mission of DIET, SCERT, NCERT, NCTE and UGC for Teacher Education Institutions (TEI).
- Analytically discussed on concept of TEI and methods of orientation among Students Teacher
- Differentiate between In-service and Pre-service student teacher and compare the role of different agencies in Teacher Education Programme
- Discuss the relationship between profession and professionalism, ethics in profession, Different ways to develop professionalism.
- This subject has 4 units which refer to 4 lectures in a week
- Unit consists hours in a week
Delivery Format (Blended/ Online)
- Methodology will use for transaction the information in the form of Blended and Flipped classroom
Learning Activities/ Discussion Forum/ Peer Ratings etc.,
- Open Discussion after completion of each Lesson/Chapter
- Group discussion after completion of two chapter/lesson
- Debate and panel discussion before Mid-Term and End Term Examination
- Peer dialogue and ratings everyday
- Internal-I presentation and dialogue among peer (10%)
- Mid-Term Examination written conducted by University Evaluation (30%)
- Internal-II Assignment, Preparation of Chart & Poster and Group discussion (10%)
- End Term Examination written conducted by University Evaluation (50%)
Expected Participation in the Course
- All students who enrolled and registered in this semester
- Teacher: Priyank Kumar Shivam