Scope & Objective of the course: This is an introductory course in the design of steel structures. The objectives of this course are to learn the behavior and design of structural steel components (members and connections in two - dimensional (2D) truss and frame structures) and to gain an educational and comprehensive experience in the design of simple steel structures.
Course Outcome: At the end of course the students will able to
1. To understand the basic properties of structural steel.
2. To know about various design philosophies and their uses.
3. To design bolted and welded connections.
4. To design tension and compression members.
5. To estimate collapse load of beams and frames.
6. To evaluate the plastic moment capacity of beams and frames.
- Teacher: Supradip Saha